Medical discoveries that make our lives better
A clinical trial, also known as a clinical study, looks for new ways to prevent, detect or treat disease. This includes new drugs, new surgical procedures or devices or other aspects of care such as improving the quality of life for people with chronic illnesses. A clinical trial is one of the fastest, safest ways to discover treatments that work.
Why should you participate?
Choosing to participate in a research study is an important personal decision.
As a participant, you:
- Have access to promising new treatments that may not be available to the public.
- Play an active role in your own health care.
- Assist researchers and physicians in finding treatments.
- Help find new treatments to improve the quality of life for everyone with a specific disease.
The types of studies conducted
at Sanford Health include:
Treatment studies to improve
the standard of care.
Prevention studies to look for
better ways to prevent disease.
Diagnostic and screening studies designed to find better ways to detect diseases.
Quality of life studies, which explore ways to improve comfort and quality of life for patients.
Sanford Health offers over 300 clinical trials across the Upper Midwest in various specialties.
Our studies focus on:
• Improving the standard of care.
• Finding better ways to prevent disease.
• Discovering better ways to detect disease.
• Improving our patients’ quality of life.
These studies provide our patients with access to innovative treatments, while helping to improve care and find treatments for future generations.
Learn about the clinical trial available at Sanford Health.